Organising Secretary (Office and Campaign Manager)
Esher & Walton Conservative Association
Salary - £20,000 - £22,500 depending upon experience
Hours - Part-Time: 24 hours per week (on average) to be worked flexibly
We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced office manager to join a diverse and
vibrant organisation. The role is ideally suited to someone either looking for a return to work
after a career break, or looking to move from full time employment to part-time.
You will be the lynchpin of our organisation, and will have the chance to learn about all
aspects of politics and political campaigning.
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
You will have very good inter-personal and organisational skills, be self-starting, task driven and adaptable.
Reporting to the EWCA Chairman, you will have overall responsibility for implementation of the day-to-day running of the Association. You will be the key point of contact within the Association, responsible for providing administrative support to the EWCA Officers, members and elected representatives. As an office manager you’ll be familiar with desktop publishing, in particular Microsoft Publisher applications, and have confidence in basic ICT skills including Excel, Word and Powerpoint, utilising spreadsheets and databases to manage and present information. You will also be familiar with basic book-keeping principles but have the opportunity to receive
further training. As a campaign manager you will be task driven, and have an interest in politics. Previous experience is not essential but a willingness to work with internal and external stakeholders to produce results is essential as is a willingness to learn. Knowledge of Electoral Law, party rules and data protection legislation is desirable but not essential.
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU?
You’ll be at the hub of a thriving political organisation at a time of huge change and development. You will have autonomy to develop your role to ensure your own growth and that of the organisation. You will have development and training opportunities within the Conservative Party. Your working hours will be extremely flexible, allowing you to set your own working week within the confines of a 9 - 5 working day Monday to Friday save for occasional attendance at evening meetings. You should expect to have to work additional hours for elections but with time off in lieu over the quieter months (e.g. July - September).
• Willingness to learn
• Self-starting and able to manage multiple tasks
• Ability to work with minimal supervision
• Very good inter-personal skills
• Experience of desktop publishing and design for the production of literature via DTP.
• Experience of Publisher is desirable but not essential.
• Confidence in basic and intermediate ICT including Excel, Word and Powerpoint for the production of spreadsheets & knowledge of databases.
• MailChimp or experience of similar bulk mail package desirable.
• Basic book-keeping
• Experience in politics and in particular campaigning is desirable but not essential
• Knowledge of Election Rules and Regulations would be desirable but can be learnt during induction period
• Sympathy with the aims and objectives of the Conservative Party
Role and Responsibilities
• Credit card processing
• Provide support for Officers
• Executive and Officer meetings and AGM
Closing Date:19 April 2019
Interview: Interviews will take place in the last two weeks of April 2019
Start Date: Flexible but ideally 13 May 2019
Please send a CV of no more than two sides of A4 and a covering letter explaining how you
meet the core skills to the EWCA Chair, Tim Grey by email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please use the title: “EWCA Office Manager Application” for your email.
Job Description: Please email Tim Grey on the above address for a full job description