Conservative run Elmbridge is right up there with the best performing Councils in the country. Since we took control in 2006, we have shown that it is possible to keep your Council Tax down AND make our services for residents even better.
We have frozen our share of the Council Tax in SIX of the last EIGHT years and if re-elected we shall do the same again for next year. Only a handful of other Councils can match that success in benefiting their residents. During this period national inflation has been 30%: Elmbridge Council Tax just 6.9%.
We have also ensured that the prices for vital community services such as meals on wheels and community alarms have increased far below inflation.
We have also increased funding for the voluntary sector, promoted local enterprise, supported affordable housing and protected our Borough’s unique green environment.
With your support on May 22 we can do even more to extend further Elmbridge’s deserved reputation as one of Britain’s Best Boroughs.
The Conservative candidates are:
- Claygate – Mark Sugden
- Cobham & Downside – Cllr Dorothy Mitchell
- Cobham Fairmile – Tim Grey
- Esher – Cllr Simon Waugh
- Hersham North – Cllr Mary Sheldon
- Hersham South – Cllr Ruth Mitchell
- Hinchley Wood – Xingang Wang
- Long Ditton – Martin Fox
- Molesey East – Steve Bax
- Molesey North – Grahame Throm-Jones
- Molesey South – Christian Mahne
- Oatlands Park – Lewis Brown
- Oxshott & Stoke d'Abernon – Cllr James Vickers
- St George's Hill – Simon Foale
- Thames Ditton – Hugh Evans
- Walton Ambleside – Cllr Andrew Kelly
- Walton Central – Malcolm Howard
- Walton North – Cllr Rachael Lake
- Walton South - Cllr Christine Elmer
- Weybridge South – Cllr Richard Knight