I have lived in the local area for most of my life and I am both an Elmbridge Borough Councillor and a Surrey County Councillor. I retired as Senior Captain after 30 years with British Airways. I was Mayor of Elmbridge for 2013/14. I can frequently be seen walking our streets, talking to residents and noting points for action and chasing up the councils to get things done. I believe that I have forged a strong, consultative working relationship between county and borough that works to the advantage of local residents. For example, initiating the County Council Local Committee to provide £40,000 funding towards the Elmbridge Street Smart team, to enable quick clean- up of streets, pavements and litter.
- Protecting our Green Belt and Local Environment: I recognise the need for new housing and especially affordable ones but I am determined to protect our Green Belt, Green open spaces and our unique environment.
- Caring for the Young, Elderly and Vulnerable: Surrey is caring for a record number of young, elderly and vulnerable people. I am determined to uphold our vital services.
- Getting More Roads Fixed: Over the years I have fought hard to get many roads resurfaced and potholes repaired, to get action to repair pavements, drains and gullies.
- Pressing for More Local School Places: I continue to work with parents, schools and all levels of government to improve the availability and choice of places at local primary and secondary schools.
- Supporting our Community and Community Organisations: I am committed to supporting our community, maintaining our unique environment and helping to ensure that funding is provided for a wide range of community and voluntary organisations.
- Partnering across Councils: I partner effectively across Council to the advantage of local residents.
- Standing up for You: I work year round, not just at election time, listening to resident concerns and doing my best to get action to solve issues
I do my best, year round, to preserve and improve the quality of life for all residents. If you have any questions or would like to raise any matters with me, please call me on 01932 866367 or email email@example.com.